2015/2016 Principality Premiership
Aberavon 34 v 6 Bridgend
26 September 2015 - Talbot Athletic Ground, Port Talbot
Bridgend Ravens

Match Report

Aberavon 34-6 Bridgend

Bridgend fell to their fourth defeat of the season, at the Talbot Athletic Ground, as Aberavon continued their unbeaten start to their Principality Premiership campaign. 

Ospreylian rivals Aberavon have made an excellent start to the season but the Ravens' valiant effort saw them leading as the clock ticked towards 40 minutes. 

An early penalty from James Garland gave the Wizards a two point lead. 25 minutes in, Bridgend managed to take the lead with the game's first try. 

A penalty kicked to touch handed the Ravens a great attacking opportunity, a neat move saw Scott Hicks barge over for his second try of the season. Ryan Evans couldn't add the conversion. 

Aberavon had a clear advantage in the scrum all afternoon and the pressure would eventually lead to a try for the Hosts. A penalty kicked to the corner saw a maul initially held up over the line. The resulting scrum was halted by the Ravens but a scrap resulted in Bridgend's Scott Hicks and Aberavon's Ian Moore being sent to the sin bin. The Aberavon penalty was kicked to touch and mauled over the line for Andrew Clatworthy to score. Garland added the conversion. 

There was enough time left for Aberavon to add a second try of the match. A poor lineout from the Ravens deep in their own 22 handed Aberavon the chance and Will Price touched down. 

HT Aberavon 18-6 Bridgend Ravens

The Wizards dominated the second half but spurned multiple chances with poor handling, along with some heroic last ditch Bridgend defending. 

Aberavon managed to get the two second half tries they needed to claim a try bonus point. The first was a penalty try following a high tackle that denied a score out wide. Adam O'Driscoll was shown a yellow card for the infringement.

The fourth Aberavon try came with 80 minutes on the clock, despite going close multiple times throughout the half. Fly half James Garland dotted down and converted as the Wizards maintained their unbeaten start to the Principality Premiership. 

Attendance: 530

Official : Craig Evans (Wales)

Aberavon Bridgend